Seeing as we just had Thanksgiving weekend, it seems appropriate to write about being thankful. And to be honest, it's an easy thing to write about?
Above all else, I am thankful for my family and friends and for the wonderful feast we had this weekend. Not everyone can say that, and I am very thankful for being one of the lucky ones who can.
A nice tradition is to go around the table and say one (or two) things that you're thankful for. A lot of people say their health, or their children, or the fact that they live in such a wonderful country. This week I would like to share with you the top five things that I'm thankful for about working at Habanero. In no particular order, I am thankful for:
- My co-workers — you are some of the most committed and talented people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
- My autonomy — it's an incredible feeling to have the freedom to prioritize and adjust what you're working on each and every day. I believe that we have that (to varying degrees) with everyone in the company.
- Our culture — although it may slow us down from time to time, there is something very special about having such an open and collaborative culture. It is my desire to see this evolve even more as we grow our business.
- Our commitment to our values — the top rock this quarter (and last) is all about living up to our Value-Focus value by finishing the current major projects strong and doing it in a way that ensures success for our clients, our employees, and Habanero as a whole. I also am thankful for us weighing all major strategic decisions against our values.
- For simply being here — I have worked in a lot of places for a lot of companies and even owned one myself, but I have never worked for a company as good as this one. For sure there is a lot to work on — we can always get better — but at least I know that Habanero is committed to seeing that happen and everyone can and should have a part to play in making that happen.