Last updated: October 3, 2017
Personal information collection, use, disclosure, and consent
Information we collect about you
- Information you give us. We collect information you provide us electronically, in-person, or through a third-party by scanning your badge at a conference and/or event. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, email address, phone number, company, and/or address. We may also collect and archive correspondence sent via mail, email, instant messaging, or other means.
- Email usage. When you sign up for email updates, we collect information about how you use our emails, including (but not limited to) the number of times the email has been viewed, the type of device, and the city and/or country you are viewing from.
- Use of Habanero Online Services. We collect information about your use of our Online Services. This may include (but is not limited to) Internet Protocol ("IP") address, device, browser type, the pages of our Online Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page of our Online Services, location, or any information that is included in the website page request. If you receive an email from Habanero, we may be able to attribute Online Services usage information to you.
How we use the information we collect
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Send you bulk emails that you have requested, such as newsletters, updates, and/or invitations to events
- Send you directly addressed communications
- Sell and provide you with Habanero and/or Go Intranet Accelerator products and services
- Provide support
- Engage in a community discussion when you have posted on a public forum or bulletin board
We will not sell your personal information to other parties unless consent has been provided or implied. We retain your personal information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. You may request correction to your personal information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request must be in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify your personal information and the correction being sought.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your device.
We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Online Services. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, your consent to our use of your personal information may be implied.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to assist us in providing the Online Services to you, analyzing how our Online Services are used, or providing other services and technologies to us. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your personal information to contact you with bulk newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in the bulk email we send.
Compliance with laws
As set out above, and for clarity, we will disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Online Services and/or systems.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your personal information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including personal information, to Canada and process it there.
Links to other sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Online Services are not to be used by anyone under the age of 18 ("Minor").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Go Intranet Accelerator