Habanero is thrilled to announce that two of its client’s intranets are included in Nielsen Norman Group’s 2017 Intranet Design Annual. This is the second year in a row that a Habanero intranet has earned a coveted spot on the list. Winning this award showcases Encana’s and Goldcorp’s commitment to create rewarding employee experiences, foster a sense of belonging within the organization, and support employees in their jobs.
Encana is a leading North American energy producer that is focused on growing its strong portfolio of diverse resource plays producing natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids. Encana has offices across North America, with Canadian operations headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and US operations headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
Encana’s new SharePoint-based intranet supports 2,500 employees across North America. ECN was recognized for its “slick and innovative design” which was the result of the team’s efforts in “inventorying, auditing, and consolidating elements—from the IA to policies.” Habanero provided information architecture and technical development support to Encana’s in-house team.
Benefits of the new intranet included:
- Improved content quality and accessibility for employees, which improves their ability to access critical information quickly
- Reduced organizational risk by retiring the previous intranet, which was hosted on an unsupported platform
- Substantially greater adoption
Goldcorp is a leading gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production throughout the Americas. Goldcorp has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Mexico City, Guatemala City, Barbados, and Buenos Aires. The company operates four mines in Canada, two in Mexico, and two in Central and South America.
Goldcorp’s new SharePoint-based intranet supports 5,000 employees working above and below ground throughout Canada and Latin America. With a focus on responsible mining practices and improving collaboration across departments, Goldcorp’s new intranet, Conveyor, unifies employees with its detailed information about safety and sustainability and the consolidation of content from a previous collection of 13 portals.
Habanero designed and developed Conveyor from end-to-end and the award-worthy achievements include:
- A single, enterprise-wide experience that balances local and global content
- Conveyor is completely multi-lingual, offering content in all three languages—English, French, and Spanish—spoken at the organization
- Social-enabled hubs for important news, safety, and sustainability information
- A responsive design, so employees can access the intranet on any mobile device, in the field or in the office
- A personalized workspace consolidating workflows, forms, applications, and other critical information employees need for their jobs
- Change management features such as built-in training modules with visual walk-throughs of new and existing features
- Practical offline support for mining employees, such as the ability to start work in an application offline and sync content when reconnected
Conveyor has been widely embraced since its launch, seeing usage that many intranet teams dream of, including 3,000 unique visits per day and an open rate of 60 per cent on top news releases.